The official deadline for registration is Friday, November 2, 2018, before midnight. After that date, registration will be closed. Additional registrations may be accepted the day of the competition, at the discretion of the clerk of course, but only to complete the first heat of an event; any such registrations will carry “exhibition” status. The meet will be limited to 400 athletes, and priority will be given to registrations in the order of their arrival, no matter what medium is used to register. Those from outside Canada registering by mail should allow sufficient time for delivery. (Teams from Canada must register online as indicated below.) Each swimmer may register for up to five (5) events, not counting relays. Any swimmer who has not paid the registration fee will not be allowed to participate.
Registration fees for the competition are set at $8.00 per individual event and $9.50 per relay. This amount covers participation in the competition. In accordance with FNQ regulations, payment must be made at the time of registration in order to facilitate and accelerate the welcome process on the day of competition.
The exchange rate for US currency is CA$1.00 = US$0.80. A surcharge of CA$2.50 will be applied to all payments in US currency made by check in order to cover bank fees.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Anyone who has registered and cannot attend the competition must inform the registrar by Monday, November 5, 2018 6h00 PM EST, in order to receive a complete refund. This policy also applies to billing of registration fees to anyone who registers without sending payment, whether or not he or she attends the meet. Substitutions will not be accepted for events.
How to Register – Teams from all provinces in Canada
- The Splash events structure file (.lxf) is available on the À Contre-Courant Web site at www.acontrecourant.qc.ca/en/coupe or at https://www.swimming.ca/en/events-results/
- The registration files (.lxf) must be created with Splash Team Manager software from the events structure and uploaded at https://www.swimming.ca/en/events-results/ via (under ‘Upcoming Meets’, find the swim meet entry, then click on the icon in the ‘Entries’ column)
- Each athlete’s 2018-2019 affiliation number must be indicated in your Team Manager registration.
How to Register – Team and individual registrations from outside of Canada
- Registrations can be submitted by using the individual form or by team registration form (to be filled by the team representative), directly online: a confirmation email of your registration will be sent from “Google Form”.
- Each athlete’s 2018-2019 affiliation number must be indicated in the registration, as well as the name of the affiliation’s authority.
- Swimmers who wish to pay by cheque must print the registration form’s confirmation email and mail it with their cheque to the following address.
NB: A hard copy of all electronic registrations must be provided, as well as the original copies of registrations sent by email. Each swimmer’s affiliation number must be indicated on the registration form (please make sure the number is correct).
Registrar – Coupe de Montreal 2018, 25th Anniv.
c/o Monica Dunn
5701 Boyer, Apt 30
Montréal, QC H2S 2H7
Registrations will be confirmed by e-mail. If you have not received confirmation one week after registering, please contact us to make sure all is in order.
At the pool
When you arrive at the pool, your swimmer’s card, the technical bulletin for the meet and the details about the coaches’ meeting.